Grambling State will broadcast the game on the Grambling State Sports Radio Network. The game can be heard in Ruston (KPCH 99.3 FM) and in Monroe (KJMG 97.3 FM), as well as streaming online at www.gsutigers.com. The Tigers’ broadcast crew of Santoria Black, Ossie Clark, Leon Thomas and Nick Harrison will call all of the action.
The Tigers (0-1) seek to secure their first win of the season after falling in the 2017 season opener to Tulane, 43-14. Northwestern State (0-1) also seeks its first win of the season after a 52-24 loss to Louisiana Tech last week.
“When you’ve had the success that we’ve had, every week those teams are coming at, coming for you,” Fobbs, who was an assistant coach at Northwestern State from 2002-2006, said. “It’s a little bit more difficult to do what you’ve been doing. We know that and understand that. We’ve got to be just as determined and driven as those other teams are.”
What to Watch For
● Grambling State is seeking its second consecutive home-opener victory. The Tigers defeated Virginia-Lynchburg last season, 72-12.
● The Tigers are looking to avoid back-to-back losses since the 2015 season when GSU reeled off nine straight wins before falling in the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) championship game to Alcorn State.
● Northwestern State is making the back-to-back trip to the area after falling on the road last week to Louisiana Tech.
● The Demons are looking to avoid an 0-2 hole to begin the season for the fourth consecutive year.
Grambling State-Northwestern State Connections
● Grambling State leads the series, 2-1.
● Tigers head coach Broderick Fobbs was an assistant coach at Northwestern State from 2002-2006.
● Only Eddie Robinson and Rod Broadway have roamed the sidelines during the series for GSU.
● Grambling State won the last matchup, 38-17, in 2009.
● The Tigers dropped in the rankings from last week. Grambling State fell two spots to No. 23 in the FCS Coaches Poll, while falling three spots in the STATS FCS Top 25 to No. 24.
● Grambling State will play three in-state opponents this season (Tulane, Northwestern State and Southern). Only the game against Northwestern State will be played in Grambling, La.
Eddie G. Robinson Memorial Stadium Facts
● First opened in 1983 and seats 19,600.
● The stadium is named in honor of famous Grambling State University football coach, Eddie Robinson.
● The 2017 season marks the 35th Anniversary of the stadium and the first with the new turf.
● Tigers head coach Broderick Fobbs is 2-1 in home openers and 9-2 in his three seasons at Eddie G. Robinson Memorial Stadium. The only two losses came to Bethune-Cookman and Alabama State.
Ticket Office Information
● Fan may purchase tickets by visiting the Grambling State ticket office or by calling 318.274.2625 or 318.274.2629.
● Individual game prices prior to game day: $30 (general admission) and $35 (reserved).
● Game day prices are: $35 (general admission) and $40 (reserved).
● Kids three years of age or younger are free.
● Grambling State students are free with a valid ID and MUST enter through Gate 4.
Follow Grambling State Athletics
For complete coverage of Grambling State athletics, please follow the Tigers on social media at @GSU_Tigers (Twitter) or visit the official home of Grambling State Athletics at gsutigers.com.