PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — UPDATE: The shooter has been confirmed dead. Authorities say the shooter was shot and killed by deputies at the base.
The US Navy tweeted that one additional person is dead.
An unknown number of people injured have been transferred to the hospital.
The naval station employs more than 16 thousand military personnel.
Military officials are working an active shooter situation at NAS Pensacola. Pensacola Police Public Information Officer Mike Wood confirms that PPD is assisting.
- Bossier City family practice copes with community coronavirus diagnoses
- Travel restrictions prevent Shreveport woman from getting chemotherapy in Texas
- Coronavirus in the US: Here’s what happened Friday
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson teaches daughter to wash hands while singing ‘Moana’ song
- 49 UT students who took spring break trip now positive for COVID-19