SHREVEPORT, LA. (KTAL/KMSS) –- Cities around the ArkLaTex have been placed under a curfew in an effort to stop the spread of the coronavirus.
Over the last couple of weeks multiple Mayors have issued a curfew to make sure that residents stay home and stay safe.
The curfews exclude certain people who have to go to and from essential jobs and emergency situations.
If you are caught violating the curfews you could face a fine or jail time.
A curfew is in effect for the following cities:
- Town of Coushatta – Curfew from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. daily until further notice
- Town of Homer – Curfew from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. until April 30
- City of Mansfield – Curfew from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. until further notice
- Town of Many – Curfew from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. until May 1 – including all residents and businesses on Hwy 6, 171, and San Antonio Ave.
- City of Minden – Curfew from 8:30 p.m. to 5 a.m. until further notice
- Town of Springhill – Curfew from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. until further notice
- City of Tenaha – Curfew from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. until April 7
- City of Texarkana, Arkansas/City of Texarkana, Texas – Curfew from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. until further notice
- Town of Vivian – Curfew from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. and curfew for juveniles 18 years of age or younger (unless accompanied by an adult) from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. Both curfews will remain in effect until further notice