BATON ROUGE, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – The number of presumed positive tests for COVID-19 officially reported in Louisiana has risen to 19, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
All four of the new cases added to the tally since a 14th case was confirmed by Gov. John Bel Edwards Thursday morning are in Orleans Parish, according to the LDH website dedicated to coronavirus updates and information.
The other cases are in Caddo, Lafourche, and Jefferson. No deaths from the coronavirus have been reported.
More Coronavirus News
- Variants and vaccines: How worried should we be?
- President Joe Biden releases statement on authorization of COVID-19 vaccine
- FDA authorizes Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine
- Third US vaccine could raise question of which shots are best
- Child tax credit vs. child care tax credit: Here’s how each could give more money to parents this year