SHREVEPORT, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – Reports are coming in of downed trees, damaged power lines, and accidents across the ArkLaTex causing road closures after a strong storm front moved through the area Thursday.
Traffic alerts are in effect for:
- A large fallen tree has temporarily closed Funston Rd. in Logansport, La. Deputies ask drivers to stay away from the area until the issue can be resolved.
- Both lanes of Hwy 84 East near Hickory Nut Hill are closed. An 18-wheeler became stuck and is temporarily blocking the roadway. Deputies are asking drivers to find an alternate route.
Numerous reports of accidents, trees down, and downed power lines have been reported, but many have been cleared. Any location involving power lines cannot be removed until the power company involved arrives on the scene.
- Deputies are reporting flooding along I-20 East near mile marker 5.
- Hwy 169 in Blanchard is now open. Crews worked throughout the evening to remove a tree that fell across both lanes of traffic. Deputies temporarily diverted traffic to Blanchard Latex Rd. while crews worked to clear the road.
- Traffic flow has been restored on I-220 East in Shreveport after accidents near the N. Market south exit and Hilry Huckaby Ave. brought traffic to a standstill earlier Thursday evening.
Authorities are working to remove fallen trees and limbs from multiple roadways. Sheriff Steve Prator is urging drivers to be careful while crews work to clear scenes and respond to car crashes.
Closures and alerts will be updated as more information becomes available.