FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP/CNN) — More than 3,500 rental cars are damaged or destroyed after a fire near a southwest Florida airport.
The Fort Myers News-Press reports the fire burned at a rental car overflow area near Southwest Florida International Airport.
Firefighters contained the blaze late Friday night. Another 3,850 vehicles were undamaged.
Nobody was hurt, but witnesses told the newspaper they heard several explosions and flames jumping high in the air.
- 8:30 pm Wednesday live update: heat and humidity to stick around with little rain..Cristobal’s potential track shifts a little east
- Parents charged with cruelty after baby shot, found burned with cigarettes
- Shreveport man remembers father who died in SPD custody as DA reviews case
- Caddo Parish Commission outlines COVID protocol for re-entry into government chambers
- Ex-defense chief Mattis rips Trump for dividing Americans: ‘Does not even pretend to try’