SHREVEPORT, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – Heavy storms have just begun in North Louisiana but downed trees and power outages have already been reported.
Shreveport police say a tree fell on a home in West Shreveport off of Tierra Drive as well a loss of power in the area.
SWEPCO reports nearly 4,000 Shreveport- Bossier residents without power. There are also reports of several downed trees along Pines Road
Police are advising drivers to avoid the Pines road area. Power is out from Greenwood Road to 70th Street.
Stay up to date on the latest in severe weather news as Arklatexhomepage brings you the most accurate storm coverage:
- Beta nears Texas Coast; expected to bring several inches of rain to the ArkLaTex
- Tropical Storm Beta to bring an increasing chance of rain, cooler temperatures through Wednesday
- TS Beta to make landfall in Texas Monday night; impacts are likely in the ArkLaTex
- TS Beta stationary in the Gulf of Mexico; rain on the increase next week
- Update: Beta’s turn towards the Texas coast has begun; shear and dry air could limit further strengthening